One of the most common questions for lawn owners is ‘how much is my mower worth’? Well, the value of any used lawn mower depends on factors like its age, condition, appearance, models, depreciation, etc.
Whether you are buying or selling a used riding mower, it is essential to acknowledge the current market or regional value. All it takes is some minor research and a few pointers to determine the worth before purchasing and selling.
However, this article will guide you to figure out how to evaluate an old and used riding lawnmower. So, scroll down to read the further details along with some basic information.
How Much Is My Mower Worth?
A vintage or used riding mower for your lawn can be a great acquisition if you can make a fair asking price. Typically, the asking price for an old and used lawn mower starts from 60 dollars to 150 dollars.
The estimated price or value of a riding lawn mower starts to drop or depreciate from the moment it is bought.
Here, the price will vary based on a few factors such as how old the mower is, its appearance, condition, region, etc. Moreover, the availability and demand of the mower model also play a great role in determining its worth.
Now, let’s see how all these things affect the prices and value of a used lawn mower.
The first thing a buyer will look for is the age of the used mower. It is a good starting point or factor to evaluate the value.
In this case, the calculation of the mower value depends on two different age limits. The segments are 1 – 7 years old and more than 7 years old.
The useful lifespan of maximum lawn mowers is considered to be 7 years. So, if the riding mower is between 1 to 7 years old, figure out the MSRP of the model. And then factor the original MSRP in the depreciation rate to calculate the selling price.
But if the mower’s age is more than 7 years, seek the average selling price in your area of its comparable models.
A riding lawn mower’s price starts to drop or depreciate from the moment it is bought. The percentage of the annual depreciation rate is 14.29 for tax purposes. You can estimate this rate by dividing 100 by 7.
The popularity and availability of brands may differ by regional aspect. Some brands and models are popular in one particular place and unpopular in others. So the region or area can influence the price of a used mower.
It is one of the main facts that play a huge role in the sale. The condition of a used mower is categorized as excellent, above average, average, below average, poor, and rough conditions.
The higher the availability the lower the price. And the price increases when the model is rare to buy.
The cosmetic appearance of flaws in a new mower can decrease the value of the mower. While it isn’t a big issue in the case of older mowers.
This Video Will Help You Too!
- CORDLESS LAWN MOWER – Get more done, faster, with Greenworks electric lawn mowers. This 40v push lawn mower provides the power you need with up to 45 minutes of runtime on a fully charged 4.0Ah battery. The battery completely charges in 120 minutes.Brushless motor : No
- LIGHTWEIGHT, EASY TO USE – A lightweight 16” cutting deck allows for easy maneuvering through small to medium yards (up to ½ acre) more efficiently. Easy push button start and lighter weight make it a great choice for your lawn.
- VERSATILE – Battery powered lawn mower has a single lever 5-position height adjustment with a cutting height range from 1-1/4″ to 3-3/8″ for the best cut in all environments. The 2-in-1 feature offers versatile use with mulching and rear bagging options.
- Lightweight corded electric mower gasless 10 Amp 15 inch electric mower for powering through rough grass.Ideal for 1/8 acre.Voltage : 120 V. Product Application : Cleaning.
- Comfort grip bike handlebar design reduces friction and enhances maneuverability for small lawns
- Enhanced clipping collection winged blade yields 30% better clipping collection
- More Power: 144cc OHV 4-stroke engine with recoil starter and auto choke, easy to start, deliver strong power for professional quality cut.
- Durable Cutting Deck: all-steel frame deck with specialized blade, long lasting, allow you to enjoy the clean, even grass cut for years.
- 3-in-1 Versatility: MULCHING for nutrients back with ultra fine clipping, SIDE-DISCHARGE for reducing clumps for quick mowing, BAGGING helps clean up your lawn while mowing.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long do Exmark mowers last?
The durability of Exmark mower engines is tested and proven. The components of this mower may last from 1500 hours to 2000 hours, as the company expects. If you give your mower proper maintenance, it may last for 10 to several years.
How much is an old lawn mower worth?
The worth of an old mower can be $60 to $300 on average. The value or price can increase or decrease according to mower age, condition, availability, region, etc.
Is there a market for old lawn mowers?
Yes, there is still a huge market for old lawn mowers. Now the marketplace has moved to online platforms like Facebook, and LetGo. eBay etc., people buy and sell used lawn mowers based on various aspects.
How Much Is My Snapper Lawn Mower Worth
The worth of a used snapper mower can begin from $60 to $150. The price might get higher and reach up to a thousand dollars based on its condition and other factors.
How Much Is My Toro Lawn Mower Worth
A used Toro lawn mower price may range between $60 to $150, the same as a Snapper mower. The price may increase considering its condition, age, appearance, etc.
How Much Is My Craftsman riding mower worth
A used craftsman riding mower’s asking price can start from $300 if it is in quite a good condition. The excellent-conditioned used craftsman mower can be worth $600.
How Much Is My Walker Mower Worth
The worth of a walker mower deserves a good price range if it’s in excellent condition as it is great in its performance under 7 years. The price range will also vary based on region, demand, and supply.
How Much Is My Push Mower Worth
An old push mower is worth $60 dollars to $150. The price may vary by its availability, demand, condition, and other factors.
How Much Is My Gravely Mower Worth
A vintage gravely mower value can be calculated by its depreciation rate, age, condition, demand, and supply. All the old mower’s price range is between around $60 to $150 max.
How Much Is My Scag Mower Worth
The worth of any used scag mower is pretty higher than the normal resale value. The price range will vary based on some practical factors like region, availability, condition, and age.
How Much Is My Exmark Mower Worth
A used Exmark mower’s price will depend on the depreciation rate according to its age, original price, condition, etc.
Hopefully, you have got your answer to how much is my mower worth. Whether you are a seller or a buyer, consider the facets mentioned above while determining the value of a second-hand or vintage mower.
Some buyers tend to buy vintage mowers and resell them for business purposes. Some buy for their own lawn and save money which is also a great deal. Calculate the value and worth of mowers by their features and determine the fair price of any mower.
You Can Also Read:
- How to Make A Leaf Blower More Powerful Like a New One?
- Do You Know Who Makes Kawasaki Oil Filters?
- Did You Know What Angle Should Lawn Mower Blades Be Sharpened At?
- What Is Considered A Small Lawn? Know and Expand Your Ideas
Enamored with the world of golf Jack pursued a degree in Golf Course Management at THE Ohio State University. This career path allowed him to work on some of the highest profile golf courses in the country! Due to the pandemic, Jack began Inside The Yard as a side hustle that quickly became his main hustle. Since starting the company, Jack has relocated to a homestead in Central Arkansas where he and his wife raise cattle and two little girls.