Aren’t you getting the smooth chopping experience with your Dixie chopper? Do you know how to lower deck on Dixie Chopper? Lowering the blades using the foot button, you can bring the deck on right height to chop well.
Dixie chopper is considered the world’s fastest lawn mower. But due to lack of knowledge in proper use, people fail to get the best out of this mower.
Have a sigh because we have now got your back well. Check out the steps shown here to lower the deck to get a proper height adjustment.
How To Lower Deck On Dixie Chopper
We have provided a straightforward method here. Just press a bit hard on the lower pedal and lock the deck height using the lever knob.
But this is not an end to lowering your deck on a dixie chopper. You also need to know How do you lower the blades on a Dixie Chopper?
You can lower your blade on a dixie chopper by pressing and rotating the mower lift pedal.
How to Adjust the Height of a Mower Deck?
To adjust a mower deck’s height, follow the simple procedure-
- Place your Dixie chopper mower on a flat surface.
- Press the foot button, which you can find on the left side of the deck fender.
- Now, raise the lever knob on the right side of the deck.
- Rotate this knob.
- Then, you need to unlock it. To unlock the mower, depress the mower lifting lock-lever knob and the left foot pedal at the same.
- To lower the mower deck, let go of the pedal. If the mower deck’s gauge wheels are touching the ground, adjust them till they aren’t. Reinstall the 13 mm bolt in the gauge wheel’s center and tighten it down. Repeat on the other three gauge wheels.
How Do You Level a Dixie Chopper Deck?
The Dixie Chopper deck leveling is easily adjustable.
- Place the mower on the flattest surface possible. It’s commonly on the garage floor. Assure that all tires are properly inflated.
- Turn the front of the blade to back, and measure floor to the blade bottom in both directions. In the front, the blades should be 14”. If not, look below at the two chains that connect to the deck’s bolts. If the deck has to be raised, release the top nut and raise the bottom nut.
- If the front needs to be lowered, do the opposite. Turn the blades sideways and measure the distance between the left and right sides of the blades. You can also modify two extra chains on the rear of the deck. Adapt to your needs. If the left side is too low, raise the front and back. A full spin of the bolt will move aside a long way.
You May Like This Video Too!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Are Dixie Choppers any good?
Dixie Chopper is not just good, and they are the best. They are considered top athletes in the world of zero-turn lawn mowers. Many people believe Dixie Chopper lawn mowers are the best in the business due to their speed.
How high should my mower deck be?
The difference in the height between t front and back of your deck on a lawn mower should be between 1/8 inch and 1/2 inch. Naturally, this results in a sweet spot with a pitch of approximately 1/4-inch, depending on the mower type.
How do you adjust the height of a deck on a Simplicity mower?
You can adjust the height of a deck on a simple mower by adjusting the lock nut. To do so, you need to achieve ⅛ inch variation in blade tip height on either side, re-measure and make adjustments until you get the desired result. The blades should now be facing front to back after being rotated in the other manner.
Can you lower the dixie chopper deck blades?
You can lower the Dixie Chopper deck blades by depressing the mower deck lift pedal.
Do Smaller Mower Decks Cut Better?
Yes, smaller mower decks cut better. An average 3 to 4 inch deep deck is seen on most small lawn tractors and mowers. Greater vacuum can be achieved by using a smaller format deck because of the smaller blade.
So, we hope that you have got and understood all the information on how to lower deck on dixie chopper.
Lowering the deck on the dixie chopper is no longer a problem. We hope that by providing all of the details, you now have a better understanding. Because of its speed, it is now one of the top priorities for all shoppers. If you know its correct uses, you can enjoy the best for your lawn maintenance.
You Can Also Read:
Hi, I’m Mark Jason, the founder Of Inside The Yard. Anyone who feels inspired by the beauty of greenery, welcome to Inside Yard, a place that appreciates gems like you. I and my team would feel honored to have you join us here, where we share multiple contents on maintaining and creating your own green space. Whether it’s a garden you dream to make or simply for the love of your potted plant staying at the balcony, we want to help you live and love through this green peace.