What type of oil does a Kawasaki FR651V Take? There are many oil types that the Kawasaki FR651V engine is compatible with, but it is recommended to use Kawasaki genuine oils for the best output.
That being said, there are different types of Kawasaki genuine oils coming with different viscosities and all, which one’s the best for you? Well, that is what we will be telling you in this very article.
This guide covers the ideal Kawasaki FR651V oil type along with some other important things you need to know about Kawasaki FR651V engine oil. So, if you are a Kawasaki mower owner, then you better give this guide a go.
What Is the Best Kawasaki FR651V Oil Type?
Kawasaki FR651V is one of the finest Kawasaki engines and they are compatible with many oils. But if you want to get the best out of this engine, you better stick to what works best with it.
Kawasaki recommends using oils that are under SF SG SH SJ and SL API service classification. Different classifications are for different working environments. But for most environments, Kawasaki recommends using Kawasaki genuine SAE 10W-40 synthetic blend engine oil. Other than that, any good 4-stroke oil will do the work also.
That being said, that would change depending on the temperature. It is advised to use 20W-50 when the temperature is above 104 degrees F and 5W-20 when the temperature is under 32 degrees F.
Kawasaki’s genuine oils which are specially designed for high-performance air-cooled engines are best for engine cooling, lubrication, and protection.
Never mess with engine oil, because that can cost you a big buck. Not only you should be aware of what quality oil you are using, but you also have to make sure, that your engine oil has the right viscosity. Otherwise, you will be facing poor fuel economy, high chemical breakdown, and engine parts will start to wear fast.
Besides, you can check out all the Kawasaki FR651v problems that users mostly face.
How To Change Oil On A Kawasaki FR651V?
Changing engine oil on FR651V is pretty much the same as other Kawasaki engines. However, in this section, we will be showing how you can change the engine oil on Kawasaki FR651V but before that, there is something vital we must make you aware of.
It is no secret that gasoline is highly flammable and if not treated right, things can go south. So before you start changing oil, here are a few things you should take care of.
Make sure the engine switch is off. Pick a well-ventilated area and make sure the area is free from things that might cause sparks or anything like that.
Once you take care of those, now you can proceed further. Here’s how you should change the engine oil on your Kawasaki FR651V engine.
- Warm the engine a bit, and then pick a level surface to place the engine there.
- Pick an oil drain pan, and place that under the drain plug.
- Remove the drain plug and let the oil drain.
- When all the old oil is drained, attach the drain plug and secure that properly.
- Locate the oil gauge and thoroughly clean the area around the gauge if it’s dirty. Even if it doesn’t look dirty, wipe the area with a dry cloth.
- Remove the oil gauge and clean that with a cloth.
- Take the engine oil and slowly pour the oil into the oil tube.
- If you look closely, you’ll see a “Full” mark. Under no circumstances the oil level should cross that.
- Once you think you have poured enough, then put the oil gauge into the tube and check the oil level. The oil level should be between the “Fill” and “Add” marks.
- When the level is fine, put the oil gauge back and screw it tightly.
Check Out This Oil Change Video For A Better Understanding
Warning: As mentioned above, never overfill the engine. If the fuel level reaches the filler neck, you will be in trouble. Overfilling the engine with oil will cause smoke conditions and can also make the engine overheat. And that will only lead to something you won’t enjoy.
How To Change Oil Filter In Kawasaki FR651V Engine?
Changing the oil filter in the FR651V engine is very simple and shouldn’t take more than a few minutes. Here is how it is done!
- Take the drain pan, place that under the drain valve and then remove the drain plug.
- Let the oil drain properly.
- Locate the filter and turn that anti-clockwise to unscrew the filter.
- Once removed, pick the new air filter and coat that with the engine oil.
- Screw the new air filter in by turning clockwise.
- When the new air filter is attached, let it sit for a few minutes.
- And then turn that clockwise for a few more rounds for ensuring a good fit.
3 Best Oils For Kawasaki FR651V Engine
- Kawasaki 12PK Genuine OEM 10W40 Motor Oil: This Kawasaki genuine OEM oil is a suitable engine oil for all SAE API service classified engines like FR651V. And it is a 10W-40 synthetic blend oil that comes in a package of 12 quarts
- Kawasaki Performance 4-Stroke Engine Oil: This 4-stroke engine oil is a suitable unit for the FR651V engine. It provides excellent wear protection and improves transmission performance.
- STP Premium Small Engine 4-Cycle Oil: It’s an oil that comes with anti-wear technology, which works towards increasing the lifespan of the engine. The viscosity of this oil is 10W-30 and is suitable for the FR651V engine.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How much oil does a Kawasaki FR651V hold?
The Kawasaki FR651V engine can hold 1.9 quarts of oil when it has an oil filter installed. Without the oil filter, this engine can hold up to 2.2 quarts of engine oil.
What type of oil for Kawasaki FR651V?
Engine oils with synthetic blend is a suitable oil type for the Kawasaki FR651V engine. The manufacturer recommends using Kawasaki genuine oils for optimum performance.
If you want up-to-notch engine performance, then using the right engine oil is the way to go. And since you were looking for Kawasaki FR651V engine oil type, Kawasaki genuine oil with synthetic blend is the type of oil FR651V works best with.
You Can Also Read: