How do you manage to change the oil in your Kawasaki? Well, you just need to be gentle with the knot head on the nipple, and you are good to go!
Kawasaki series are professionally delivering top-notch performance when it comes to lawn mowing. But often, the users struggle with changing the oil. A piece of good news for them! This article will help you with a step-by-step guide on the Kawasaki FR691V oil change. We will also help you learn at what interval you should change the oil.
On the whole, we assure you that you will no longer be confused about changing the oil in your favorite Kawasaki. So without any further do, let’s get started!
Kawasaki FR691V Oil Change
Popular brands like Raptor, Husqvarna, Cub Cadet, Wright, Woods, and Scag specifically use this engine from Kawasaki. The Kawasaki Series, including the FR651V, FR691V, and FR730V recommend SAE 10W-40 oil in usual cases.
However, you might need different oil while operating in extreme temperatures. Similarly, when you are talking about freezing temperatures, then again, you need a different oil.
How Often Oil Change on Kawasaki FR691V
Kawasaki recommends changing its engine oil after 30 days. However, if the oil remains unchanged for longer, the mower engine might get slow and unstable. Thereby, it wouldn’t function anymore.
So we also recommend that the Kawasaki FR691V oil change interval should be after 30-40 days. This also enhances the longevity and efficiency of your mower engine.
Before diving into the oil-changing steps, you can learn all the Kawasaki FR691V problems, including solutions.
Use a good quality filter to remove all the dirt. Get your Kawasaki fr691v oil change kit ready that includes
- A hose,
- A bucket for the oil,
- A 10mm oil filter wrench and a
- Funnel to pour the oil.
- First things first! Run the mower for at least five minutes to heat up the old oil. That way, it gets easier to come through.
- Make sure it is placed on a firm and level surface.
So, First part of the oil change is to drain the old oil. For this-
- Turn the engine off. Start off by lifting up the seat. It’s time to access the Kawasaki FR91V oil change hose plug. Line up the hose in a convenient direction that makes it easy to drain the old oil.
- Use a wrench to loosen up the nut of the nipple for the oil to come through easily.
- Place a bucket under the mower to store the dripping old oil. You could also move the drain plug right below the oil filter.
- Loosen/unscrew the nut of the oil filter anti-clockwise. Be careful as it is usually tighter, and you might need to use a wrench. And check on the other side whether the oil is coming out smoothly.
Note: Make sure your hose is not on the drive belt, which creates a huge mess.
- With the help of a wrench, remove the oil filter. You could place a small bottle or paper towel beneath it to soak the extra dripping after removing the oil filter.
- While placing the new oil filter, make sure not to tighten it too much. But give it at least 3-4 turns for a god and secure seal.
- Now clean up everything.
The next part of the process is pouring new oil into the oil tank. For this-
- Place a funnel in the oil tank and pour in the new oil.
- Use a clean dipstick to check whether you need to add more oil or not. Insert it right into the filler neck. If the oil level goes beyond the ADD mark, you need to add more oil.
- After you finish changing the oil, ignite the engine for at least three minutes. This is to make sure that the oil is properly circulated all through the lubrication system.
Now every time you use the engine, make sure to check the oil level after that. Add more oil if needed. And make sure that there are no leaks.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Now in this section, we would like to add some frequently asked questions by the Kawasaki users. Since it is a popular one, we thought of sharing some facts here that are often asked by the users.
How much oil goes in a Kawasaki FR691V?
A general rule of thumb is to use 2.0 liter of oil in a Kawasaki FR691V. However, we always recommend using a dipstick to check the oil level. If it is lower than the ADD mark, then that means you need to add more oil.
What is the best oil to use in a Kawasaki FR691V engine?
To be specific, the Kawasaki Genuine 10W-40 is the best oil to use in a Kawasaki FR691V engine. However, there are also other synthetic oil blends- for instance, Kawasaki Genuine 10W-30, 10W-40 or 20W-50 which also render outstanding performance in low and extreme temperatures.
What size oil filter fits a Kawasaki FR691V?
Kawasaki oil filters are quite popular for adequate oil flow and utmost protection for both air-cooled and liquid-cooled engines. In this regard, 49065-7007 oil filter fits for Kawasaki FR691V engine as well as other engines of this series.
Finally, we believe that this article will effectively help you with the Kawasaki FR691V oil change. The steps are quite easy and hassle-free, so you can give them a try anytime! Just got to be gentle and make sure not to overdo things.
Hope after reading this article, you’d be able to change oil all by yourself. However, if you still have some issues going on with changing the oil, consider seeking professional help!
Good luck with your Kawasaki!
You Can Also Read: